Burgundy 2019 is unique vintage. It was another warm and sunny growing season which has produced expressive, charming, finessed and elegant wines. The whites are powerful and concentrated, higher in acidity than 2018. The reds are striking; with pure, perfumed and expressive fruit, coupled with a sense of energy and dynamism. Regrettably yields are going to be an issue, with some domaines producing 50% less wine than in 2018. But overall this is a vintage of extraordinary promise.
By confirming you agree that we will create a sales order if we can supply the wine
at your maximum price or below.
You can amend your pre-order at any time prior to execution.
The key points are:
1. A warm and sunny growing season produced wines of extraordinary complexity and finesse. 2019 is generally considered a step up from 2018.
2. A fantastic vintage for whites in the Côte de Beaune, which though concentrated have brilliant, fresh acidities.
3. Reds are intense and fresh. Alcohol relatively elevated, but so is concentration and acidity as a counterweight.
4. Reds are classically styled and expressive of terroir – fresher than 2018 and better balanced than 2015.
5. The consistency of quality that was lacking in 2018 is a characteristic of 2019.
6. Difficult to find comparable vintages – 2019 is considered ‘unique’ by many. 1964 has been mentioned!
7. Yields down on 2018, by as much as 50% at some domaines affected by frost.
8. Major critics’ reports expected in the next few weeks (Allen Meadows, Neal Martin and William Kelley).
Cru is one of the world’s leading fine wine retailers. We have experts working across the globe serving customers in over 40 different countries. We operate from four major hubs in London, Hong Kong, Bordeaux and Singapore, from which we offer advice and impeccable service through both traditional and digital channels. We are very focused on using technology to make the experience of fine wine buying more fun and convenient.
Cru is a specialist retailer. We source only the world’s very best wines and spirits and sell to a limited number of discerning buyers. We hold numerous events through which we showcase our wines and get to know our clients even better. We store a significant amount of wine for our clients and offer guidance on wine portfolio construction.
Cru offers an internationally acclaimed selection of red wine, white wine and Champagne. We help customers around the world buy wine from Bordeaux, Burgundy, Italy, Spain, the Loire and Rhone Valley and from the New World.
We stock extensive collections of the world’s finest wines, including Château Lafite, Château Latour, Château Margaux, Château Mouton Rothschild, Château Haut Brion, DRC and Penfolds.
Cru was formally launched in 2014, but our roots as a fine wine team go back to the early 1980s in the UK, and back to 2010 in Hong Kong.
Our Chairman is Mr Simon Farr: a hugely respected 40 year wine industry veteran who was involved in the founding and growth of two of Britain's most successful wine enterprises (Majestic and Bibendum).